Are you the ambitious SENIOR COPYWRITER Richmond, VA has been waiting for?
This is your ticket to write at a highly strategic, creative, award-winning ad agency, surrounded by smart, funny people in a locale that’s the South’s best-kept secret.
The Agency: Ten years in, West Cary Group has a roster of regional and national clients who need a little of everything – which means we need a senior writer who can write anything. If you live brand and have experience writing across all types of print and digital channels, that clicks with us. Financial services experience? That’s more bank. Direct response know-how would add extra wow factor to your entry. Or maybe you’re just a smart, seasoned copywriter who never stops pushing for a better way to say it. If so, we need to talk.
The People: You’ve been around for a while, so you know advertising ain’t easy. Besides delivering great creative, it’s the people we work with who keep us in the game. West Cary Group is built on the idea that collaboration is king and diversity of thought – and people – wins the day and the client. We’ll treat you with respect. We’ll teach you more about metrics than you ever wanted to know. We’ll push you to be better than you ever thought you could be. And we’ll make you laugh. Every day.
The City: If you already live in Richmond, skip this part. If you’re from out of town, seriously, look up Richmond, Virginia. We were named one of America’s Best River Towns (“Outdoor” magazine), best places to travel (Travel + Leisure) and best places in the WORLD (Frommer’s). We have a foodie and craft brew scene that’s destined to sweep Portland off the porch. What’s more, we have the beach AND the mountains two hours away. THINK OF IT! Plus, Richmond is halfway between NY and Florida, but with a crazy low cost of living compared to major cities.
The Job Requirements:
- Minimum of BA in English, journalism, advertising, marketing or related field
- 5-10 years’ writing experience in advertising or marketing
- Think strategically and deliver on-target creative copy across multiple channels
- Work in a collaborative, agile manner with art directors and account executives
- Present work to clients in a compelling, cogent manner
- Get up to speed quickly on clients, products and services
- Meet or exceed deadlines and manage time effectively
- Knowledge of current marketing and innovation trends
- Eagerness and ambition to advance your career with an agency that gives you the opportunity
About West Cary Group
West Cary Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Work Place. And we’re waiting to hear from you!