Summer marketing & communications interns wanted!
You don’t just like to stay ahead of the curve – you want to be the one who sets it in motion. New and challenging situations make you flourish. You’ve been steadily building your skill set. Now all you need is a chance to prove to yourself and others that you’ve got what it takes.
West Cary Group, a full-service marketing communications and advertising agency headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, is searching for its next great group of summer interns. Our program provides passionate college juniors, seniors and recent graduates with the opportunity to gain the next level of experience in multi-channel marketing.
Nine weeks of hands-on learning
For nine weeks, you’ll work in the trenches with members of our Account Services, Digital, Copy, Creative and Innovation teams, developing marketing programs for companies in multiple industries – from non-profits to Fortune 500 clients. You’ll be respected as a peer in our open office atmosphere. You’ll grow from relationships with mentors and feedback from senior management. And you’ll teach us a few new things, too.
Bring us your résumé. We’ll strengthen it. Ask us your questions. We’ll answer them. Lend us your business and leadership skills. We’ll finesse them. Unleash your analytical mind. We’ll fine-tune it.
What? When? And why?
The summer internship runs from May 31 – August 5, 2016, and offers competitive pay (you need to eat, and we respect that). While you'll gain broad experience across the board, we offer several specialty tracks that will help you build your skills in your chosen field.
Account Services Track
- Project management
- Creative brief development
- Concept review
- Client communications and presentation skills
- Marketing communications channel strategy, including digital
Art Direction & Graphic Design Track
- Image/photography selection
- Creative development
- Project workflow
- Creative development
- Email development
- Building digital frameworks (social, video, etc.)
- Researching design contractors
Business Development Track
- Prospecting and prospect database management
- New industry evaluations
- Prospective client presentations
- Business proposal process ownership
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be productive independently and in teams
- Professional behavior and a positive attitude
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, innovative and driven
- Tested time management skills
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proven analysis and problem-solving skills
- Earned or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Public Relations
- Prefer college junior or senior or recent graduate
- Prefer GPA of 3.0 or higher
So, what’s the very important question?
We want to know what you’re all about, but you’ve probably had enough of writing 500-word
essays, so we’re asking you to sell yourself in a tweet on your application. Be creative!
I’m in! How do I apply?
Please submit your application by March 1, 2016.
Applications are closed for this summer. Please check back later for new opportunities for 2017.
About West Cary Group
West Cary Group is an award-winning performance-driven marketing firm that was founded by
Moses Foster, who was named the 2015 Mike Hughes Ad Person of the Year by the Advertising
Club of Richmond. WCG specializes in merging award-winning creative with rigorous data
analysis to create marketing campaigns with truly measurable outcomes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Work Place.